Our Customer Line
01633 620 111

Helping you solve neighbour disputes

Most people try to be good neighbours and don't set out to cause disputes. However, if problems do come up there are ways that Bron Afon and other organisations like the Police or local council can help.

What is antisocial and nuisance behaviour?

Antisocial behaviour is described as acting in a way that is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to anyone not of the same household. Nuisance behaviour is behaving unreasonably in a way that affects someone.

Antisocial behaviour could include:

  • Noise - radio, television or loud music
  • Music / parties
  • DIY
  • Swearing
  • Violent or abusive behaviour
  • Litter and rubbish
  • Dogs barking
  • Vandalism
  • Drugs
  • Verbal abuse


 When to seek help and advice

You can try to talk to your neighbour about the issue. If this fails you should get in touch with Bron Afon if you:

  • have already tried talking to them
  • don't feel safe talking to them
  • don't know who is causing the problem

Important: If the behaviour involves crime, threats or acts of violence then you should call the police. Use 999 in an emergency or 101 if it is not an emergency.

How do you report antisocial behaviour?

If you are concerned about antisocial behaviour in your community you should contact your community housing officer. You can find out who your community housing officer is by entering your postcode on our 'Find your community' page. 

Community safety officers

Bron Afon has a team of community safety officers who are here to tackle antisocial behaviour in your communities. 

Anthony FishAnthony Fish, community safety officer, explains what his role is in dealing with cases of antisocial behaviour:

"I become involved in a case of antisocial behaviour at the point where we decide that all previous warnings/interventions by us have not worked and we intend to take a more formal approach, such as court action. 

"We have various methods of gathering evidence, such as taking witness statements, installing CCTV cameras, installing noise monitoring equipment and in some cases, carrying out under-cover work ourselves. 

"We also look at mediation where the complaint is viewed as 'one on one' and we don't have the evidence to issue to court."